This week we'll be taking a closer look at the Woodland house. Created by Atom Republic Artist, Paul Rance. The Woodland House is a spectacular private space which is located deep inside the forest, overlooking a peaceful lake.
By now, you've all seen the private spaces video on our YouTube Channel. Now it's time to start bringing them into Atom Universe (starting with the Woodland House), but before we can that do we've got make sure a few things work first.
Firstly and probably the most important thing, setting up the collision barrier. By doing this the avatar is free to walk around and isn't going to fall through the floor or wander through the walls. It can be quite a time consuming task as you've not only got the wall and floors to consideration. You've also got to take various pieces of furniture and design features to consider as well.
Next we've got to the avatar interacting with the environment, as personal space your avatar is going to be living here. They have to be able to sit down and relax, or maybe even sleep in a bed. Afterwards, we've got to into bug fixing mode and need to ensure that there are no game breaking bugs that are going to affect the player experience.
Weekly Developer Activity:
- Woodland House integration into Atom Universe.
- New Interactions: recline in a deck-chair or lay down in a bed.
- Designing new accessories.
- Started work on a new travel hub, allowing you to fast travel between areas.
- Squashing various bugs.
- Integrating the Woodland House into Atom Universe.
- Bug fixing.
- Drafting up various documents and analysing data.
- Reading up on new trends.
- Discussing future events with the development team.